Pages

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Kenny's life

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - We're adding to our family... Positive HPT! And we weren't even trying!!!

Monday, February 26, 2007 - First ultrasound! Baby is doing just fine, heartbeat in the 150's, due date is September 29, 2007. I've also started having some morning sickness.

Friday, March 30, 2007 - It seems my morning sickness is finally easing up a bit. Hopefully I can get some relief soon.

Thursday, May 3, 2007 - Felt baby move for the first time, 18w5d. I never felt Kyla move this early. Kenny says for that reason he thinks this one will be a boy. We'll see... Gender ultrasound is scheduled for May 31st. @ 11:30am.

Thursday, May 31, 2007 - Well we had the BIG ultrasould today..... And Kenneth Luke will be arriving in September!!! He was not shy one little bit... But he was a little stubborn. The tech had to get him to roll over so that she could get a goood look at his little heart and apparently he was in a very comfortable spot.

Monday, June 11, 2007 - The nesting bug has hit! I've actually had a lot more energy this entire pregnancy, but it's really amping up now.

Tuesday, August 27, 2007 - I had an ultrasound today to check little Kenny's size. They estimate him to be 6lbs 5oz now. WOW!!! I've still got about a month to go! I'm a little worried I'm going to have a turkey come his birthday!
Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - I was scheduled for induction today at 9:00am (39w3d). I called to hospital to check on the bed situation, and they were full so we had to wait a little while. We arrived at the hospital at 10:30am and were taken to our labor & delivery suite. At 11:05am my dr came in and talked with us for a few and then checked me. I was still only 2cm dialated, but he went ahead and broke my water and Pitocin was started about 45 minutes later. At 12:10 my contractions were 2 minutes apart and getting very strong. Kenny and I had been playing UNO and we had to stop because I couldn't concentrate on anything. At 12:45pm I asked for the Epidural. I labored comfortably, except for some severe reflux and nausea, for a while until the baby's heart rate started dipping. My nurse came in and put me on Oxygen and took me off Pitocin for a while. My blood pressures were very, very low and were causing Kenny's heart rate to drop. Around 3:00 I was given Ephedra to raise my blood pressure to help get his heart rate stable again. And about 30 minutes later I had to be given more Epidural because mine had completely worn off, at this point I was only at about 3cm so the Pitocin was restarted. A little after 4:00 they checked me again and I was 7-8cm and 100% the nurse said it wouldn't be much longer at all and Kenny asked "around 5?" and she laughed and said it would probably be a little bit longer than that. Well to everyones surprise, around 5:00pm I started feeling a lot of pressure and my nurse didn't think that I could be ready but I was a full 10 and little Kenny was coming down, sunny side up. Luckily, he started turning and got himself into the right position and came down easily. I started pushing about 5:10 and baby crowned right up. My dr was not in the room and when he did get there he took his time getting his stuff on. With maybe a handful of pushes Kenneth Luke was born at 5:28pm with a headful of dark brown hair and weighed 7lbs 6oz and 21in long. When Kyla came in the delivery room to meet her little brother for the first time she called him her baby and held his hand.

Thursday, September 27, 2007 - Little Kenny's first visit with Dr Moore was this morning. Dr said he is doing great and has actually gained 2oz!!!

Tuesday, October 2, 2007 - Well little Kenny is a week old today and it seems like it has flown by in a blur. He likes to smile a lot while he is sleeping, and it is the cutest smile! It just makes my heart melt. This little boy is quite the little piggy though, he's already eating between 3-4oz every 4 hours or so.

Thursday, October 18, 2007 - Today little Kenny has his 2 week check up, although he is actually 3 weeks old. He is 9lbs 7oz! Gosh! Kyla wasn't anywhere near 10lbs until she was around 2 months old! He is going to out weigh Big Sister before too long.

Monday, October 29, 2007 - Kenny smiled at me for the first time today, while awake! He woke up around 8am and while I was changing his diaper I was talking to him and he let out a big smile! So cute!

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - Kenny can hold his head up while on his belly! We thought he was a strong little guy when he was born, but he is really proving it now! I can hardly believe it!!!

Thursday, November 1, 2007 - Today Kenny rolled from his belly to his back.

Friday, November 2, 2007 - Kenny slept through the night! He went down around 10 and didn't get up until Daddy's alarm went off at 6:30am! I was worried when I realized that Kenny's alarm was going off and I hadn't heard little Kenny wake up yet. But he started grunting and worked himself awake. Hopefully this wasn't a fluke.

Thursday, November 22, 2007 - Kenny's first trip to Daytona Beach! We walked down to the water with sister and the sound of the waves lulled him right to sleep. I also wanted to update on his sleep. He is still sleeping through the night!!! YAY!!!

Monday, December 3, 2007 - Kenny had his first fall today. We were sitting on the couch and I had to get up to grab the phone and I didn't think twice about it. I heard a thud and ran to him and he was ok. He started crying because I was hysterical, but he really was ok. A few minutes later he was all smiles. But Mommy feels really awful about it. I'm sorry little guy!

Tuesday, December 4, 2007 - Kenny had his 2 month check up today. He is weighing in at 13lbs 4oz and he is 24in long... 90% for both! He is a BIG boy! Gonna be a linebacker! And the dr said that he is very advanced for his age! So he's doing great!!! Also, he has recently started cooing.

Saturday, December 8, 2007 - Kenny woke up this morning with his first cold. :( Poor boy. He's so congested and coughing. I really hope he's over it soon.

Monday, December 10, 2007 - Kenny laughed for the first time today. But it sure was hard to get it out of him! He's really ticklish so I was tickling his neck and he just started giggling! What a cute little giggle he's got!

Saturday, January 12, 2008 - Kenny rolled from back to belly today. He's been trying to do it for a while now and finally got it! I was surprised when I came out of the kitchen to find him on his belly after I left him on his back.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 - Kenny is blowing bubbles and making razz noises with his mouth. He gets such a kick out of it! Oh! He's also been waking in the wee hours of the morning talking to himself. He just lays in his bed and coos and squeals and wakes Mommy!

Friday, February 1, 2008 - Kenny has found his feet and loves to hold them and rock back and forth. He also tries his hardest to get his toes into his mouth, but I think his belly gets in the way.

Thursday, February 7, 2008 - Kenny had his 4 month check up today. He is 17lbs 5oz and 26½ in long, 95th percentile for both!!! He's doing great on everything and we are going to be starting him on baby food this weekend!

Friday, February 22, 2008 - Kenny sat on his own for the first time today! He's been trying really hard for a while to do it on his own and finally got the balance down. He's still so wobbly, but soon he'll be sitting like a pro!

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - Kenny is on the move! Today he started the army crawl. He looks more like an inch worm than anything!

Sunday, March 30, 2008 - Kenny tried sweet potatoes today! He seemed unsure of it, but ended up eating a lot for just starting.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 - Today was Kenny's 6 month check up. He's 19lbs 1oz and 27¼in. Dr said that he is very advanced for his age and is doing great!

Friday, April 11, 2008 - Kenny cut his first tooth today. Bottom right.

Friday, April 18, 2008 - One week later and Kenny has cut his second tooth.

Sunday, April 27, 2008 - Kenny started clapping today, much to my surprise. He was sitting with me while Daddy and Kyla drove the powerwheels in the road. I clapped for Kyla and looked over to see that Kenny was doing it too. (He's done it every day since too.)

Tuesday, April 29, 2008 - Kenny started saying Da Da today.

Thursday, May 1, 2008 - Kenny pulled up to his knees in the pack 'n play. I was just getting out of the shower and he was just waking, as I got ready I looked over and there he was holding himself up and smiling so proudly.

Monday, May 19, 2008 - Kenny slept in the crib for the first time tonight. He did so well, slept all night until Daddy's alarm went off (as usual)! Kyla isn't quite use to him being in there yet, but she'll adjust.

Sunday, May 25, 2008 - Kenny got very sick last night. Running up to a 102 fever. We tried to keep him comfy throughout the night, but he didn't sleep well and wasn't eating or drinking a thing. We took him to the after hours pediatric and they said he has Strep.

Thursday May, 29, 2008 - Today we took our first trip to Sea World as a family. Kenny really enjoyed seeing the Sea Lions and Shamu. It was a great experience. I can't wait until he's older so he can enjoy it a little more.

Sunday, June 1, 2008 - Kenny started pulling himself up onto his feet today. Cruising shouldn't be too far off...

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - Kenny is cruising!!! I stood him up at the coffee table and came back to him and he was on the opposite side. I was in complete shock! He's doing so well... and really quick!

Monday, June 30, 2008 - Kenny can now take himself from his belly to sitting, and also gets up on all fours. I didn't think he was ever going to try to crawl the "normal" way, but he is.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 - Kenny got tooth 3 today... top right.

Friday, July 11, 2008 - Today Kenny had his 9 month check up. He's 21lbs 3oz and 30in. I could have sworn he weighed more than that, but he is pretty active so he's slimming down a little. He's doing great!

Saturday, July 12, 2008 - Today Kenny started actually crawling on his hands and knees. I never thought he would do this, I figured he'd just start walking. But he still prefers the Army crawl over the hands and knees, probably because he is quicker that way.

Sunday, August 3, 2008 - Tooth 4 broke through today. I noticed that yesterday his gum was bleeding a little where it was trying to come through. And today I can feel the edges of it. He also has the top two outer teeth about to break through.

Monday, August 4, 2008 - Kenny started waving tonight. We were walking into Target and I was behind him and Daddy walking with Kyla and he was trying to wave to us. Too cute!

Thursday, August 7, 2008 - Kenny's fifth tooth broke through today, top right.

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 - Tooth 6 broke through, top left.

Tuesday, August, 26, 2008 - Kenny took one step today with out holding on to anything.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - Today Kenny learned to drink from a straw. We were at lunch at Zaxby's with Nanny and I didn't think he could drink from a straw yet, but figured I'd give it a shot. And sure enough, he did it!

Saturday, August 30, 2008 - Kenny took 2 steps today.

Sunday, September 7, 2008 - Today Kenny took 6 big steps from Daddy to Mommy! He's such a big boy! We were worried that he wouldn't be walking before he turned 1, but I think he might just prove us wrong. He also takes a step to get from one thing to another.

No comments: