Wednesday, December 1, 2004 - I'm PREGNANT!!! Today I took a HPT and it was POSITIVE! There's going to be a little Hankey Baby!
Monday, December 27, 2004 - First doctor's appointment! We got to see our "Peanut" for the first time! Let me just say that it was very exciting!!! We got to watch the baby for a few minutes on the screen and heard the heartbeat, 140bpm... The lady said that was a strong heartbeat and that it's looking good!!! Yay!!! The one thing that I'm not too excited about is that I have a small blood clot (Subchorionic Hemorrage) inside my uterus, right next to the baby. They said that it could be early sign of miscarriage... GREAT! So, Dr told me to take it easy... No lifting, vigorous activity, or stress. I can handle the other two... But to not to stress? Are you kidding me?!?!? You tell me that it could be the sign of miscarriage and tell me not to stress?!? RIGHT!!! Other than that it was great! Kenny seemed to be excited watching the baby. He said "it's good to know my little man is doing good!"
Monday, January 23, 2005 - All is well... Everything went well at the Drs. The blood clot that was next to the baby was absorbed, so that is great news! This little one is a fighter!! The baby is now 2 inches long. It's amazing how it all begins so tiny, like almost invisible to the naked eye and all that. And, the heartbeat was very strong. I go back in 4 weeks and then after that it should only be about 4-5 weeks until we find out what the little peanut is! I can't wait!!!
Tuesday, January 25, 2005 - I have the worst morning sickness! It's really bad!!! I also have the Flu. In this very early stage of pregnancy where the baby is developing rapidly and need plenty of nourishment I can't even eat!
Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - Trip to ER. I am so sick! I haven't been able to eat or drink anything at all!! Dr's hooked me up on IV's because of dehydration and left me in the room for 3 hours with out checking in on me. The room was FREEZING! And I had on pants and 4 blankets!!!
Friday, April 8, 2005 - Ultrasound Showed It's A Girl!!!!! Felt her moving for the first time during ultrasound! What an amazing feeling!!!
Thursday, May 19, 2005 - Just had a doctors appointment. The Dr noticed baby growing slowly (IUGR) and decreased amniotic fluid (Oligohydramnios). I'm now considered as having a high risk pregnancy. I'll have to get an ultrasound once every other week and Non Stress Tests twice a week.
Saturday, July 9, 2005 - A Wedding & A Baby Shower! Kenny and I got married today and we had our baby shower! The wedding was just a small ceremony at our church. We just had a few friends and family there. Jonathan and Mary Breidenbach were our Best man and Maid of honor. Philip Powell (my dad's best friend) walked me down the aisle. Kenny cried so much and I was trying so hard to not cry that I ended up laughing. I felt so bad but I couldn't help it! Our baby shower was co-ed so that we could include all of our friends. It was a lot of fun and we got a lot of great gifts! Mostly, we enjoyed having everyone together! Thank you everyone!!!
Monday, August 8, 2005 - Welcome to the world Kyla Paige!!! I was induced due to ultrasound showing fluid around Kyla being low and her not growing well. Dr suggested that she would do better "outside." Kenny and I went to the hospital Sunday night August 7th, 2005 for me to be started on cervidil. I was only 1cm and they said that if the cervidil didn't work I would be going home in the morning. I didn't think that was right but my Dr was coming on that night. When he got there he told me that he wanted to start the pitocin in the morning (what a relief!) So, I had back labor most of the night due to the cervidil. I was just very uncomfortable and having tons of pain and pressure in my back. So they gave me Nubane and Phenegren. I was loopy! Kenny's mom was making fun of me because I was asking for my drink and she couldn't tell a word of what I was saying... But Kenny did. LoL!
On Monday morning (August 8th, 2005) I got my pitocin at about 7 am and they broke my water a short while later. I still wasn't more than 2cm. I contracted for about 2 hours or so before getting the Epidural. And I only felt it on one side... So, they came back and gave me more. At about 1pm the Dr came and checked me again and I was about 3cm. I thought I was going to be there forever. But at about 2pm they checked me again and I was fully dialated and the babys head was right there. I told my Mom and Kenny's mom that I thought I could feel something right before they came in. The nurse told me to go ahead and start pushing and get the baby a little closer. I pushed once and the nurse started playing with Kyla's hair... It's pretty long. Once I started pushing I didn't want to stop! They told me to hang on for a sec so the Dr could finish getting ready. I told them there was no way because I knew she was about to come. The Dr said "Don't worry, that's what the umbilical cord is for... It's a bungee cord... Let's just hope it's not too long."
So, at 2:13 pm on August 8, 2005 Kyla Paige was born weighing in at 5lbs 4.5oz and 19in with dark brown hair and grey eyes and scored 8 & 9 on her APGAR test.
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 - Came Home From Hospital! I was ready to go home at 7am... But since Kyla was born at 2:13pm, we had to wait until after that time to leave. I was so anxious! I just wanted to be home! I had cleaned the hospital room every day (just organizing things because it was so cluttered!) We stoped on the way home and got McDonald's!
Friday, August 12, 2005 - First Doctor's Visit. Went well... Everything's ok and she's gaining weight!
Saturday, September 10, 2005 - Kyla's first real bath. Kyla had so much fun! She was kicking her feet, splashing water like crazy! When I took her out to dry her she got mad and started crying!
Thursday, August 18, 2005 - Doctor Appointment. We went today because Kyla is a little stuffy. But relieved to find out that she is not sick! Yay! She is now 5lbs 10oz!
Monday, August 29, 2005 - 2 week check up. Everything is great! She is now 6lbs 14oz!!! Which is a 1lb 10oz gain since birth!!! Dr is very happy with her progress.
Sunday, September 11, 2005 - Kyla's first "official", non-gas smile! I was playing with Kyla on the couch... Tickling her and making funny faces and she was cooing and then smiled really BIG!
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 - Kyla's first time sleeping through the night. I was scared to death! I had to tickle her to make her move to make sure she was ok. All was good though!
Saturday, September 24, 2005 - Trip to the Emergency Room... Kyla had not been eating much at all and sleeping A LOT! Like not even waking up to eat or acting like she was even hungry at all... Called Dr Moore and he said to take her to the ER and not wait until Monday. Of course once we got there she made a liar out of me and was wide awake and eating. They gave her some Pedialite and said she was fine. We went to Dr Ingram Monday 9/26 and she said that Kyla is fine and is growing well, 9lbs 1oz, and is developmentally where she needs to be. Dr said that she could be leveling out from her post birth growth spurt and getting into a new routine.
Saturday, October 8, 2005 - Discovered Hands. Kyla started trying to get her hands in her mouth. She's getting very frustrated with it because she still can't get them to do exactly what she wants. She'll get it soon! And today we moved into our first home! It's a 2 bedroom 1 bath home with a 1 car garage. It's very cute! Yellow with green accents. It has a big backyard for Kyla to play in one day!
Thursday, October 13, 2005 - Kyla's 2 month check up. She is now 10lbs and 21.75in. She got 3 shots... And was not a happy camper about it at all!
Sunday, November 6, 2005 - First Laugh... We were playing Pat-A-Cake and Kyla just started giggling! It was the funniest thing! I about died!
Wednesday, November 9, 2005 - Kyla rolled over for the first time today, from her back to her belly! I went to make a bottle and came back and she was laying on her belly looking in the mirror on her playmat.
Monday, December 13, 2005 - Kyla's 4 month well baby check. Kyla now weighs 12lbs 10oz and is now 24 inches long. Dr. said she is growing great and doing very well! :)
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 - First time eating solid food! She doesn't really know how to do it yet though. So, we will be waiting a little longer before actually starting solids.
Friday, December 23, 2005 - Kyla sat on her own today! We sat her down today to play while we wrapped some presents and she sat there all by herself!
Tuesday, February 14, 2006 - Kyla's 6 month well baby check. She's 14lbs 10oz and 25 1/4 inches long. Dr said she's doing great and to start solids!
Thursday, February 16, 2006 - First tooth! Bottom front on the right side!
Sunday, March 5, 2006 - Tooth 2!!!
Tuesay, March 7, 2006 - Kyla can get up on all fours now... Well she goes from her belly to sitting and in between that she is on her knees too.
Saturday, March 18, 2006 - Kyla's first trip to Disney World! And she had a blast!!! She loved seeing all the people and the characters! It was such and exhausting day for her though. She obviously didn't get much of a nap and it was pretty warm out.
Saturday, March 25, 2006 - Kyla said "Dada" for the first time today... Still hasn't said "Mama". :(
Wednesday, March 29, 2006 - Kyla is now officially crawling. It's not the "Army Crawl" either... It's full blown crawling! Yipee!!!
Thursday, April 7, 2006 - Kyla's pulling up on furniture now! It's amazing! She's been crawling a little over a week and now she's pulling up! She's growing up so fast!
Monday, April 10, 2006 - Kyla has started walking along furniture now... After 3 days of pulling up and getting herself steadied she's moving along! Won't be too much longer and she'll be walking by herself!
Sunday, April 16, 2006 - Kyla's first Easter! She was singing along in church today!
Monday, May 15, 2006 - Kyla's 9 month well baby check up. She's doing great developmentally! She now weighs 15lbs 13oz. Which is a 4oz loss. She hasn't been eating much lately. The dr has her on high calorie formula. She's also 27 inches long!
Saturday, May 20, 2006 - First trip to the beach & first wedding! Sarah & Justin got married on Clearwater Beach... Kyla didn't really like the water too much. Hopefully next time she will. We were all sick so we didn't get to stay long.
Thursday, May 25, 2006 - Weight check. Kyla now weighs 16lbs 3oz. So the higher calorie formula is working. The dr said to continue with that and come in Wednesday for another check.
Saturday, May 27, 2006 - Kyla started clapping today. She's been practicing for a while and now she does it without us promting her to do it and does it all the time now! Yay!
Monday, May 29, 2006 - Kyla's first swim! We bought her a small pool that we could both sit in with her and went for a swim! It was the hottest day so far this summer so it was a much needed relief! Kyla was very unsure about the water at first, it was still a little cool. She tried crawling in the pool which led to her putting her face in the water and she swallowed a little bit. All was good though! I sat her back down and she went to splashing!!! Even the dogs got in on the fun!
Thursday, May 31, 2006 - Weight check... 16lbs 10oz! Yay! We're on our way! She also started standing all on her own for a few seconds at a time today! Hopefully walking's not too far off...
Sunday, June 11, 2006 - Tooth 3! Top right in the middle! 4 is not too far behind.
Sunday, June 17, 2006 - And tooth 4!!!
Tuesday, June 21, 2006 - Kyla weighed in at 16lbs 14oz. We talked to a different Dr and he said not to use the high calorie formula anymore that she's on target now.
Wednesday, June 22, 2006 - First steps! Kyla took 3 steps all on her own today! It's so amazing to see her doing these things... and at the same time it saddens me to know that she wont be a baby much longer.
Saturday, July 8, 2006 - Kyla got her "first" car today. Pop-Pop made a cute little ride on toy look like Daddy's racecar for Kyla. It's actually a Tonka truck... (But we wont tell her that!) She loves it though... She pushed it all over the house! And she was very proud of her little toy!
Monday, July 10, 2006 - Kyla is officially a walker now! Today she followed me around the house pretty much all day. It's the cutest thing to watch her, as tiny as she is, walking all by herself! Now she's so independent. I think that the little push toy helped her gain the cofidence in herself. So yay Pop-Pop and Dee for giving her that toy!!
Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - Tooth 5! This one snuck up on me. I opened her mouth... and there it was... Just barely pokeing through!
Thursday, July 27, 2006 - Tooth 6... This one is a molar!
Tuesday, August 8, 2006 - Kyla's 1st Birthday! We took Kyla to the Florida Aquarium today. She enjoyed it a lot more than I thought she would. She loved the Shark tank and also learned how to say "duck" while we were there. She was also amazed by the Sting Rays. It's really hard to believe that she's already a year old. To me she's still my tiny little bundle of joy, swaddled ever so perfectly.
Thursday, August 10, 2006 - Tooth 7!
Thursday, August 24, 2006 - Today Kyla went cold turkey off of bottles! And it was success!! She had no problems with it at all! I'm impressed!
Friday, August 25, 2006 - Tooth 8!
Saturday, September 16, 2006 - Tooth 9!
Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - Tooth 10!
Friday, September 22, 2006 - We had Kyla's 1 year pictures done today... Yeah I know a month and a half late! :( Better late than never! Anyway, she didn't like it too much! She acutally had a melt down which the photographer caught! Poor thing. She doesn't much like being told to stand still since she's so inquisitive. But they turned out good enough!
Saturday, September 23, 2006 - Kyla learned how to drive her car that Pop-Pop gave her today. She actually pressed the button and drove it across the livingroom! She was so proud of herself too, stopping every few seconds to laugh and clap!
Thursday, October 5, 2006 - Tooth 11!
Saturday, October 7, 2006 - Tooth 12! Now that she has a mouth full she can eat some steak! Yummy!
Sunday, October 8, 2006 - Today was Kyla's first day in the nursery at church. She did great! Once I walked in she looked around for a minute and I put her down and one of the other toddlers (about a month younger than her) walked up to her. Then Kyla took off to see what toys there were to play with. She brought a block over to me and sat it down next to me and then went back. I got up and walked out quitely while she was occupied with the toys. She seemed to do great! They said for about the last 10 minutes she started getting upset. She was tired and hungry and it all hit her at once. But overall she did well! I am so proud of her and myself. I was always weary of letting her go... But now that she has, and did well, I'm sure she'll be going in there more often.
Wednesday, October 11, 2006 - Kyla did Peek-A-Boo for the first time today by herself! She actually only covers one eye and puts her hand next to the other and watches you and laughs. She's the cutest thing when she does it... Well she's the cutest thing period.
Monday, October 16, 2006 - Kyla gives kisses now! She walks up to me and puts her arms around my neck and gives me kisses! Not open mouth baby kisses, she actually kisses on the lips and makes a "smack" noise when she does it.
Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - Trick or Treat! Kyla was a "Fall Fairy" for Halloween! She was dressed in a beautiful burgundy dress with gold accents. We didn't really do a lot of Trick or Treating... We just went to Great Nanny's, then Pops, and then Gramma came over. Nothing too exciting... Kyla was exhausted because she didn't get her usual 3 hour nap. Hopefully next year she enjoys it a little more.
Sunday, November 5, 2006 - Tooth 13!
Monday, November 13, 2006 - Kyla says "puppies" clear as day. She walks to the sliding glass window and opens the blinds and points to the dogs and says "puppies" over and over again. It's very cute to hear!
Monday, December 4, 2006 - Kyla walked around the house today saying "Mama" all day. I almost couldn't tell what she was saying at first because she says it so quietly. But she soon started yelling it. I'm so glad to finally hear that word come from her mouth at a time other than when she is crying ecstatically.
Thursday, December 7, 2006 - Kyla's first Christmas Parade. She wasn't as excited as I had hoped she would be. Kenny got her a cute little wand light to hold and she even had some cotton candy (which she did not like). She just wanted to run around and with so many people around I really didn't want her running all over. But she eventually got into it. Especially when the marching bands would come by. She would dance and wave her hands in the air.
Monday, January 1, 2007 - Kyla helped celebrate the New Year with us. I can't believe that she actually stayed up for the ball drop! But when it did and we celebrated, Kyla clapped and yelled with us! It was the cutest. She also gave us kisses to ring in the New Year. She was wore out and finally went to bed around 2am.
Wednesday, January 31, 2007 - Kyla counts "du" and "fe" after Mama & Dada say one!
Friday, March 30, 2007 - Today Kyla started "talking back" when asked or told to do or not to do something. It's hard to not laugh at her when you're trying to be serious, but she's just too darn funny!
Sunday, April 8, 2007 - Kyla did her first official Easter Egg Hunt today at church with the other toddlers from the nursery. She came back in with a bag full of plastic eggs filled will little goodies all about Jesus. I am so proud of her!
Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - Kyla started eating cereal today, with milk. She had a bowl of Apple Jacks and ate ALL of them! With a spoon!
Monday, April 23, 2007 - Kyla now says "Cheese!" when you try to take a picture of her, she also has been saying "Uh oh!" when she drops something and "Owie" when she hurts herself and then she also wants to get a kiss where ever she hurt herself.
Saturday, May 5, 2007 - If you ask Kyla what a cow says she replies "MOO! MOO! MOOO!" Too cute for words.
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 - We had a Tee Tee on the potty! It was the funniest thing! Kyla had to "watch" to see what was going on. She was so proud of herself... And I'm VERY proud of her!!!
Thursday, June 28, 2007 - Kyla has been bursting at the seams everyday with a new word so I decided to sit down and count them up and I was surprised with what I've come up with. About 40 words and a few 2 word phrases. I'm just estatic! We went from pretty much nothing to something new everyday! It's truly amazing! I guess whatever it was finally "clicked" as everyone said it would! I'm just overjoyed! She also learned how to do a summersault today!
Wednesday, August 8, 2007 - Today Kyla turned 2! Daddy got her up out of bed before he left for work and sang Happy Birthday to her. She and I went and hand lunch with Nanny. When Daddy got home from work we gave Kyla her cupcake with her candles on it and she was so excited! She even blew out her own candles!!! And proceeded to make a huge, sticky mess! And we also took her out to eat at Chili's. It was a great day!
Friday, November 2, 2007 - Recently Kyla has been telling us she has to potty - after she's already gone in her diaper. This week though she has actually been wanting to sit on the potty. Hopefully, we will have potty success very soon!!
Wednesday, November 28, 2007 - Kyla is doing very well with potty training! She almost always goes pee pee on the potty when we're at home and she loves getting her treat for doing so. But, she will not wear big girl panties.
Wednesday, December 12, 2007 - Kyla slept in her Big Girl Bed for the first time tonight. We had tried to get her to do this many times before and she'd get up and come out into the livingroom. Tonight she just whined for a little bit and eventually fell asleep. I'm really hoping she gets use to it and wants to sleep in it every night.
Friday, January 4, 2008 - Today we started potty training full time with Big Girl Panties and all. We've done little bits here and there to get her use to it and she does ok going tinkle. We'll see how this goes.
Wednesday, January 9, 2008 - Kyla's first poopy on the potty!!!
Saturday, January 19, 2008 - Potty training update. This morning Kyla woke up with a completely dry diaper and went potty and then came to wake us up! So, I'd say potty training is going quite well. :)
Thursday, February 7, 2008 - Just a quick update on Kyla. She's officially 23lbs even! She can say her alphabet without missing any letters... Only L, M, N, O just sounds like "Na, na, na, na". And can count to 10. She is potty trained with the exception of nighttime, she still gets a pullup and it's usually dry. She loves to help with anything, especially anything that Daddy is doing.
Friday, May 9, 2008 - I'm just so upset as I write this... Today Kyla cut her own hair (with scissors that I didn't even know were there). Ugh. It's a few HUGE chunks off of the right side of her head. And to think that I have been reading all of these stories about little ones cutting their own hair and thinking "Oh I'm so glad that I keep the scissors put way out of reach of her" Only to find that I was SO wrong. At least it will grow back... but it was just getting SO pretty and long.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 - Kyla started running a fever today, which is so rare for her. We tried to give her Tylenol and keep her comfortable. She refused most foods through the day and wasn't drinking much either. We went to the Dr Wednesday and the Dr said it is Strep... she got it from her brother.
Thursday, May, 29, 2008 - Today we took our first trip to Sea World as a family. Kyla really enjoyed the Clyde & Seamore show, feeding the Sea Lions, and of course seeing Shamu (she calls him Shampoo?). She also liked seeing Sting Rays and little Sharks and the Penguins. We'll be going back since we've got the Fun Card so she can enjoy more.
Monday, June 16, 2008 - Kyla came down with some kind of stomach bug tonight. Out of no where after dinner she just started vomiting. I've been truly blessed to have made it this far without her getting something like this. The down side is she woke up with it Wednesday as well.
Friday, July 4, 2008 - Today we were outside enjoying the sights, sounds and smells of the 4th of July when Kyla asked to ride her bike. She has tried before but never could actually peddle. Today though she got the hang of it! I am so proud of her! Maybe she'll get a new bike and helmet for her 3rd birthday since the one she has now was a hand me down.
Friday, July 11, 2008 - Kyla had her 3 year check up today (a month early but oh well). She's 25lbs and 36in. I'm so glad that she is finally over that hump of 21lbs. I asked the dr about some of the little quirks that she has like hating fireworks so much that she shakes and cries hysterically. He said that she should grow out of these things and they are so serious that she needs therapy. I'm so relieved.
Friday, August 1, 2008 - I think it's safe to say that Kyla is completely potty trained, day and NIGHT!!! About a week ago I told her that big girls needed to go potty before going to bed and make sure they finish going because big girls don't wear pullups. She went potty and didn't wet the bed that night
And since she's almost 3, I wanted to just do a quick "general" update. Kyla is such a witty kid. She is so smart and bright and funny and seems to beam with happiness all the time. She says some really funny things too. She copies commercials from TV telling us "Have a V8 mommy! Have a V8 daddy!" after a Lowes commercial one day she busted out with "Let's build something together!!", she says "Nascar, be there!" and "Let's go racin' boys!" She can even pick Dale Jr's car out of the pack! And if we say we have to go get groceries at Publix she says "Shopping's a pleasure!" I was just telling Kenny that I now I can't remember a time where she didn't talk. All those months that I worried endlessly about her being "behind" and not talking. Everyone tried so hard to convince me that she was just "taking it all in" and now I see that is exactly what she was doing! She's halarious! She can spell her name, she knows her last name, she can say her ABC's and she can count to 10 (we've almost got to 20).
Monday, August 24, 2009 - Today was a huge shift in Kyla's life... she started Pre-School. She is still very shy and it was very hard dropping her off with the teachers since doesn't know them yet. She cried, and yelled, but when we went to pick her up Ms. Barbara said she did great. She didn't talk to anyone, except Ms. Barbara. But she had a great day and said she had a lot of fun! We took her to eat at Pizza Hut for a celebration lunch.
Monday, September 7, 2009 - Kyla had the day off from school today because of Labor Day. We decided to have Pop Pop and Nana and Great Grandmom over for pizza. While Daddy and Pop Pop went to pick up the pizza Kyla wanted to show off her coloring skills to Nana and Great Grandmom. She was drawing cute pictures and coloring cute things when all of a sudden she writes her name, by herself! We have been practicing for a while now (probably over a year), but it just clicked! I was so surprised and happy, I just couldn't belive it! She finally did it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment